Life Thoughts
I cannot believe I haven't blogged since the first of May! But, a lot has happened in the last 2 1/2 months.
First of all...we put our house up on the market on June 1. On June 12 (Tom's birthday) our realtor (Barry) told us someone made an offer on our house!! Woohoo! On Wednesday, the 14th, I flew up to Portland to see if I could find a place to live. I did! It is in the same mobile home park where my folks and my brother and his wife live! Crazy! But then Tom called and said the guy backed out of the deal on our house. Bummer! But, we decided to go ahead and put some money down on this house before someone else snatched it up.
I really love our new house. It's 3 bedrooms (big rooms!) and a den that could be a bedroom if needed. So I will have a place to scrapbook, and Tom will have a place to do his EBay.
I got back on the 21st. On the 24th (our 29th wedding anniversary!) we went to a Dodger game. Largents went with us. It was Hollywood Stars Night. Not too many "big" stars. But, it was fun.
On July 1-5, we went up to Big Bear to see our friends, the Fromms. We had a great time up there! Sunday afternoon we saw a musical "Carousel". It was outstanding! On Monday, Rick and we went on a boat cruise around the lake. We were lucky it didn't rain on us, as it did in some spots around the lake. Tuesday we saw their big fireworks display over the lake. Very nice!
When we got back, I called our realtor to see what we needed to do to get our house sold. He suggested we paint the boys' rooms. So, on Friday and Saturday Tim and I did just that. It was while we were painting that a family came to look at the house, and they are the ones who made an offer! So, as of now, our house is in escrow. It should close on Aug. 4, but even if it doesn't, we're still going to move on Aug. 5. We have a truck coming to load up. They should arrive in Vancouver on Aug. 7. woohoo!
I did get a little scare this last weekend. Mom ended up in the hospital with chest pains. Fortunately, it wasn't a heart attack, but her blood pressure was very high. They finally got it regulated and she came home a day later (Saturday).
Well, that's my blog for the last 2 1/2 months. Anybody out there care?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home